Our Small Boat Insurance | Collidge & Partners

Small boat/cruiser

Navigating the UK’s canals and rivers aboard your narrowboat is the best way to forget the stresses of day to day life. If you have recently purchased a boat, one of your priorities will be to get the right insurance sorted to give you peace of mind on the waterways. 

Is our small boat insurance right for you?

Our small boat insurance is designed to protect marine vessels used for private purposes. The policies we offer are for vessels 25’ and under that provides cover for your pleasure craft and tender, outboard motors, gear and equipment, fixtures and fittings. It includes third party insurance for costs you are legally responsible for due to injury or damage caused to others, their craft or other property.

We are proud to provide an expert personal service to ensure that our clients have the appropriate cover at a competitive price. Get in touch with the friendly team at Collidge & Partners today to discuss your specific requirements.

What does our small boat insurance cover?

For your vessel

  • Accidental damage cover for your boat
  • Necessary repairs
  • We will pay the agreed value or replace the vessel after a total loss
  • Loss or damage to your boat whilst in transit by road
  • Tenders automatically covered if your vessel is 18’ or over
  • Recovery of the boat
  • Inspection of the boat if run aground
  • No excess applies to a claim whilst the boat is moored on a berth at a marina
  • Loss or damage while your sailing vessel is racing
  • Race entry fees if you are unable to attend due to an incident

For you

  • Personal effects
  • Third party cover to others, their craft or property
  • Rescue and evacuation
  • Personal accident
  • Medical expenses
  • Pet medical fees
  • Cover for others using your vessel
  • Cover for loss or theft of your boat keys
  • Rescue boat liability
  • Race fees – for non-refundable fees if unable to attend an entered event after a claim
  • Removal of wreck

*We also offer an optional extra of liability for the towing of water toys.

Cruising range

This policy allows for a wider cruising range than our standard canal boat insurance, including the UK inland and coastal waters and inland waterways of Europe up to 12 nautical miles offshore. Also covering your boat whilst it is ashore or in transit.

What am I not covered for?

  • Loss or damage caused by the vessel being unseaworthy
  • Theft of outboard engines unless securely locked
  • Mechanical or electrical breakdown
  • Loss of money
  • The vessel operating outside the cruising range
  • Recklessness by an insured person
  • Theft of personal items unless these are stored in a lockable cabin

Are there any limitations to this cover?

  • Personal effects single item
  • Personal effects up to 2% of the sum insured
  • Tenders up to £500 in value
  • Personal accident – £25,000 per benefit

Exclusions to the policy:

We will not pay for claims arising from the following:

  • Terrorism
  • Any chemical weapon
  • Any form of war
  • Radioactive or nuclear equipment
  • Crossing the English Channel, Irish or North Seas
  • If the craft is more than 12 miles offshore
  • If the craft is left unattended on moorings

Interested in a free quotation?

Request a quote by completing our quick, hassle free form or if you would prefer to talk with a member of our team – please call 01303 297940.

Alternatively, if you let us know when your renewal is due we will be happy to make a diary note to get in touch nearer the time.